Friday 20 June 2014

Concrete Minerals Zombie Girl Set, Time to play with colour!

Today's blog is going to be all about Concrete Minerals fabulous eye shadows.
 
Below is a look that I created using some of the eye shadows from Concrete Minerals large selection of colours available. All of which are mineral based, completely Vegan and Cruelty-Free as well as made without preservatives or fillers. Which for Make Up Artist is exactly what you want to hear!
 
As you can see below the pigments are pretty damn good...
 
 
Now let's get to the wonderful products that I used to create the look above.
I bought the eye catching Zombie Girl collection as well as 3 other loose eye shadows which took my fancy.
 
The first thing that drew me into these products were the quirky names given to the different colours as well as the fabulously art work on the front of the tin by Michael Cook, very rockabilly.
  
So the colours that are included in the tin include the following (from top row, Left ----> Right); "Nightmare" (gorgeous purple), "Living Dead" (luscious green) and "The Vaccine" (baby blue/grey tone)
 
From bottom row, left ---->right;
"Quarantine" (pinkie purple tone), "Graveyard" (light brown tones with slight shimmer of pink) and "Blood and Guts" (rusty red/brown with this beautiful shimmer of blue tones)
 
As I said above, wicked memorable names that suit that rockabilly punk style the brand gives off. Very me!
 

Below are the swatches on skin; from left to right; "Quarantine", "Nightmare", "Graveyard", "Living Dead", "Blood and Guts" and " The Vaccine".

As you can see they are all lovely shimmery mineral based colours each with an undertone that sparkles through.
 
 
 The other colours I bought were loose eye shadows; "Napalm" (bright orange), "Smut" (dark/dirty pink/purple tones) and "Kinky" (gorgeous dark black with navy blue/teal sparkly tones)
 
 Below in the swatch the colours are from the bottom up; "Napalm", "Smut" and "Kinky".

Like I said all the colours have this sparkly hint (or in some of them more then just a hint!) of shimmery tones that just add that extra dimention to the eye shadows allowing them to look different in different lighting. Bonus!

They are all buildable in colour and work even stronger when using a eye shadow primer underneath; Concrete Minerals offers their own primer called "Electric Eye Primer" which I am wearing in these looks. Again its 100% vegan and filler/preservative free with a soft texture. A little goes a long way with this product. 

For this look I combined "Blood and Guts" with "Graveyard" to create a multi dimensioned application, with "Smut" applied at the ends of the eyes to create that elongated eye effect. Underneath on the lash line I've used "Napalm" for an extra little kick of attention.

 
Fiery red brows seem to set the whole look off further with matching red lips defined by black liner in the corners for that perfect pout.

 
So what do you guys think?
 
I would definitely recommend the products above. Concrete Minerals also offer Pro Matte Eye shadows which is a selection of bright matte shades (which will be my next purchase I feel, loving the look of Hi-Fi!), Lip tints, Nail polishes and other collections such as their colour stacks.
 
Hope you give this look a go and try the products for yourself, my next blog will probably be about IMATS London which I'll be attending next Saturday....uber excited about this!!!
 
So stay tuned!
Bye for now my lovelies,
 
xRx
 
Don't forget to take a sneak peak at my other social sites for more Makeup Madness and feel free the contact me if you have questions or suggestions for me.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment