Tuesday 10 June 2014

OCC Lip Tar: Vintage Product Review.


Hello my lovelies!

In this blog entry am reviewing OCC liptar in Vintage. Now am no stranger to OCC, they are one of my favourite brands and I have all their airbrush foundations as I find them lovely to apply, with a beautiful effect. But it's been a while since I've done a review blog and since I recently purchase this lip tar, I figured this was a good place to start.

So OCC lip tars, there are a million and one colours and effects to choose from, we have the clear, gloss, matte and metallic in the range. Colours range from the nude side to the bright blues and yellows with the idea to be able to mix several colours for a personal customised shade.

 

The colour which a recently got was Vintage matte, which is a beautiful red colour, perfect for my vintage pop up salons and courses!

 
It came in a little bag with a cute little brush for application which I'll be honest on first sight I did think it would be like one of those useless little brushes you get in eyeshade sets but no. The brush had a point to the end which allowed you to use it like a liner for precision and then the fatter part of the brush to fill in. In fact it is just a miniature version of their #10 precision lip brush from their brush range. So it's all the perfect travel size for your handbag or kit.

It is true what they say on the website, the tiniest bit of product is needed for a full application, any more and its over kill people! Plus you put more on and this is when the product will bled outside the lip line which nobody wants! The colour pigment is amazing! Extremely bright and vibrant which is amazing considering the amount you need. And it lasts, mine lasted all day without the need to reapply, in fact it's hard to get off once it's on! I used my Lush UltraBland Cleanser to remove but whose complaining about long lasting lipstick!
 
 

The texture of the product on your lips is very nourishing but without that oil slick feel as it contains lip friendly, moisturising ingredient such as hemp oil and vitamin E which means to product will condition your lips; bonus points to the product for also containing peppermint oil which isn’t over powering but gives a nice "fresh" feeling.

I absolutely love this product as well as the colours available (my next buy is Black Dahlia) I would definitely recommend them to my students and other makeup lovers. You can buy selected colours from Selfridges, UK or pop on to the website for the full range at http://occmakeup.com


Thanks for reading.

 

xRx

No comments:

Post a Comment