Thursday 19 June 2014

Summer Brights using Sugar Pill makeup

Today's blog is going to be a quick one about a look I did a few days ago which I've had a lot of people asking about. Now I would love to do a tutorial video to show the madness in my colours but at the moment I don't have the equipment to film it but fingers crossed soon that will change and you'll get to see a tutorial on the application rather just a run through of products.
 
So, here is the look. I am totally loving matching up my hair to my make because of all the different shades of purple/blue going on at the side!
 
 
The first that I do is my eyebrows, some people like to do the brows last but I like to do it first because I feel that it frames my eye work allowing me to judge if the makeup is going just right.
The best brow brush to use for this is Illamasqua's Angled Brush, £19, the reason why it works so well for brows (as well as eyeliner) is because the brush hairs are short therefore you have more control to the line work. I found this brush gives full the straightest line work.
 
 
The colours that used on the brows for this look was a fade of Sugar Pill Cosmetics Heart Breaker palette. Starting with "velocity", which is the in your face blue, at the beginning of the brows fading into "2am", purple shade, and "Mochi", that gorgeous aqua green/blue colour, applied to the tail of the brow. I love this combination because it goes well with the fades in my hair but also its nice summer brow colour, something different then your average brown or black brows. If you want to stand out from the crowd I recommend you brighten those brows!
 
 
The eye shadow is a blended combination of "Mochi" from the palette above with "Poison Plum", the bright purple, and "Buttercupcake" , that radiant yellow,  from Sugar Pill's Burning Heart palette. These colours work so well together with the "Mochi" working with the brows and "Poison Plum" working against "Buttercupcake" as a contrasting colour. Ever wanted your eye shadow to stand out, choose colours which are opposite each other on the colour wheel, these colours will 'Pop' when put next to each other!
 
 
As you can see the Sugar Pill palettes have the most amazing pigments and strong colours that apply as you see them, no wishy washy colours. Bonus to those who are attending IMATS London next week, Sugar Pill will be attending with all there marvellous colours and products. I can't wait to go and meet the Sugar Pill girls, they are my rainbow icons!
 
 
To finish the eyes off and also match the brows further I added "Kandy Eye" glitter sprinkles in "Shock Tart" underneath the eyes, which is a shock blue colour that closely matches Sugarpill's "velocity". This adds a little glitter bomb to the look and sparkles beautifully in the sun!
 
 
Finish the eyes off using Eyeko's Skinny Liquid eyeliner and Eye Do Mascara, both fabulous products. You can read a review on the mascara in a previous blog. The liner works incredibly well allowing for good definition and control of the eyeliner. The only thing you need to take care with when using the eyeliner is making sure the glitter doesn't get stuck on the felt tip end because it does tend to 'clog' it up slightly.
 
 
So the finished look..it is one of my favourite and I love the products that were used as they work so well.
The lips are OCC matte lip tar in "Seedless grape red" with a purple lip liner for definition.
 
 
 
 
What do you guys think?
Like I said I will be uploading video tutorials on some of my makeup looks at some point so keep check my youtube channel at:
 
 
Don’t forget to check out my facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/Ruth.E.Moulden.MUA






No comments:

Post a Comment