Thursday 10 July 2014

IMATs London 2014


It was that time of year again, the 3 day weekend that every makeup artist makes in the uk…IMATS London, the conventions for makeup artists held not only in London but also in LA, Sydney, New York, Toronto …  all over the place.

A few weeks ago (I have been really busy hence the delay of this blog!) I attended IMATs London, armed with savings and a "loose" plan of action! This is an event that I have been going to year after year and it always surprises me how they managed to shake up the format and add new stalls and suppliers that I have never heard of or was only able to look at their websites and drool at all the fabulous products I could not receive due to airmail restrictions.

 This year I was incredibly excited to see that some of my idols in the industry such as SFX artist like Thomas E Surprenant, Chloe Sens, Tate Steinsiek and others where attending. In makeup there was Shrinkle a.k.a. Amy Doan, Amelia Arsenic (who are my brightly coloured makeup gurus!) of Sugar Pill Cosmetics as well as David Horne and Spob O'Brien from Illamasqua. It was a fantastic few days full of new information and shiny new things to play with! The only problem is the days seem to go too quick and at the end of the weekend you feel like that there are areas that you missed and stuff that you should of bought but didn't!

So here is are a few photo's from the fabulous time I had at London IMATs! I wish I took more but I was too busy chatting to people and generally shopping for pretty and gory stuff (which you'll see at the end of this…)

 
How cool is the top piece, I might challenge myself and try to recreate this one. This stand was from FormX which I bought my big spend item from...
 
Absolutely amazing character creation which one day, I hope to be able to do, a full complete prosthetic  character is one for when I get on to the sfx course!
 
 
Fantastic colour and seamless application! Loved it!!
 
 
Zombie piece from Nimba Production. Thought it was pretty damn cool!
 
 
 
 
Look familiar?
 
 
 
The above piece is from Thomas E Surprenant talk on applying multiple prosthetics, it was a very interesting and insightful demonstration where he recreated the Terminator character using a cool prosthetic piece (see above), the eye lit up red! Below is the finished piece, he even showed us how to apply the lace wig.
Awesome guy!

  
 
 
And finally my haul!
Below are the images of the products and goodies that I bought, I love going to IMATS but I always feel like I should bought more....shame my budget doesn't cover for it!!
Ah well! I will be doing product reviews for each item in the future so stay tuned for those.

 

 
 
I recommend that if you have never been to IMATs get yourself down there next year!, start saving now though cause I guaranty that you will be overwhelmed with all the pretty things that you want to buy!
 
Don't forget to check out my  other social network sites, at the moment am working on my "dragon" lady which I'm pretty damn pleased with how its turning out so keep checking in for more updates on this piece.
 
 
 
 
Bye for now,
 
Ruth x

No comments:

Post a Comment