Sunday 2 March 2014

Zombie Tramp: SFX demonstration


A few weeks ago I held a few demonstrations for Blackburn College, inviting my media makeup artist, beauty therapist and hairdressers to come and watch a little demonstration of what I do. It’s a chance for other students from other courses to get a taster of being a media makeup artist and it proved to be a successful week.

I held demonstrations for fashion and photographic using my headdress, see blog below and I also held a SFX demonstration which was specifically aimed at my level 2 media makeup students as a taster into what Level 3 students do. As everybody know SFX is my favourite area of media makeup and its eventually what I would like to go into full time; dream job would be working for an effects studio making monsters and creatures all day! So this session, I have to admit was one of my favour demonstrations of the week.

My theme was zombie tramps, last year I did zombies vs. tramps and this year its all about the evolution! Plus part of the unit in level3 is to create a believable tramp character so this demonstration just introduces them to some basic application techniques e.g. ageing, false hair applications, scraps, cuts etc.



I sculpted and casted the prosthetic piece and tried to challenge myself with creating a realistic skull. I’ll admit it does need some work on the shading and shaping of the bone structure but overall I didn’t think I did that badly. Once again the prosthetic piece was made from gelatine as I am still saving up for the prosthetics course which teach the foam latex and silicone prosthetics…..

The fabulous Leah was a fantastic model for me today and to keep the session interactive I let students come up and help me apply the makeup.

 
 
A lot of the products used were my favourite, used in previous looks such as Blood Mary’s Spray Blood, I still make a mess when applying this but it gives the most brilliant, realistic blood splatter, plus its quick and easy! The main colours of the piece were using Grimas casualty palette L which contains all the cream colours needed to colour a piece like this, I am saving up at the moment for the Skin Illustrator palette but am thinking that I’ll pick this up at one of the Make Up conventions this year and do a review on it for you guys.


I feel like the application was pretty successful in the time I had to apply it and I think the concept could do will a polish but it worked for the demonstration plus the students seemed to enjoy the session. Leah had great fun afterwards scaring passers-by in the beauty salons which was fairly amusing!

I do love my zombies, this was one was a little too clean, needed some darker colours I think.

Let me know what you think?

Don’t forget to check out my other social sites;




 Next blog will be a makeup review with some looks…am feeling creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment