Sunday 10 February 2013

New Prosthetics and old ageing make-up

It has been an uber busy week so lets start at the beginning.
AHT Blackpool competitions took place on Monday and all my wonderful students did amazing well and we got some wins in Avant Garde Hair styling, body art, nail art and evening hair styling! Woop woop, next stop is UK finals in March which am certain we will be winner some more prizes!!!

So my SFX lesson with L3 we looked at old age make-up in theatre and in film. Its something that I look practicing and messing around with because my number one love with make-up is transforming a persons face...the more extreme the chance the better.

The lovely Chloe was my model for my demonstrations.

So I taught the students 3 different methods of ageing a person; paint and powder techniques which is best for theatrical work as you can create some pretty dramatic looking old people! This method only uses creme make-ups and powder to set, its difficult to grasp at the beginning as my students found but like I always say practise makes perfect! The best creme make-up to use is Grimas...love this make for theatrical make-up it is ideal!!
 The second technique is the stipple technique using latex, honestly I do love this methods but it works even better with the paint and powder underneath and the third technique is prosthetic applications which is the favourite choice amongst MUA working on films/tv. So my students got to practise ageing on each other and for there first application did very well and am very proud!! Hoping to enter a few in an ageing competition in March!


Can you believe she is just 18!


So we all had lots of fun transforming each other into old people....next lesson will be on crepe hair and moustaches so am pretty sure my belly will hurt from all the laughing after this lesson!!

I also bought quiet a few prosthetic this weeks from a company called Nimba Creations. I have wanted to play with gelatin prosthetics for a long time and finally I have the chance to! I bought 3, cut wrist, broken nose and shredded nose...mmmm nice! I have only had time to apply the cut wrist so far but am so glad I bought them. Its seamless! and so easy to apply!


 In a few weeks times I'll be doing some demonstrations as part of industry week which include introduction to SFX and a demo of a full face prosthetic which am so excited to do because it means bigger better and gore-er!!
More photos to following when I get all these done!

The next blog will be about my false hair application class, industry week of demonstrations and fun workshops, new review on Sugar Pill cosmetics palette.

Oh and another  Vintage fair will be happening very soon!!! Details to come soon!!

Don't forget to check out my facebook for more photos and my twitter for updates....
http://www.facebook.com/Ruth.E.Moulden.MUA








No comments:

Post a Comment