Tuesday 19 February 2013

Crepe Hair MADDNESS with my lovely students!!!

The past few weeks have been uber mental...I have had workshops and demonstrations coming out of my ears!!! Creative make-up demos, Airbrushing Demos, SFX workshops, Bridal demos and prosthetic application workshops! But I will admit it has been ooodles of fun!
Promise once I sort out all the crazy photos of these events I shall be blogging about them! But first I want to tell you all the story about the Level 3 Media Makeup lesson where I taught crepe hair application work and ended up with a class of girls with bears and moustaches running around college with a Keith Lemon lookie likie (thank you Michelle!) running up to people!


It was the funniest lesson I have had in a long time!! Oh my word!! Tears....streaming people!! So without further adieu...my lovely media make-up students....with added hair!!

Aren't they a lovely bunch!! What I love about teaching Media Makeup especially in level 3 is their fearlessness to experiment with different methods even if it means looking like this rabble!!

My demonstration of crepe hair application, which turned into a Keith Lemon lookie likeie...complete with added costume! Michelle had use crying with laughter with this one, nice one girl!!
Crepe hair application is the cheapest way of apply false hair. Its made up of sheep wool so it is quiet itchy to begin with but once the application has been trimmed down and worn for a bit you do get used to it. I find that crepe hair is best used in the theatre as it still looks realistic as hair but on HD technology would fail to pass the mark as realistic. 

The lovely, clever bee Amy sporting a rather fetching 12 o'clock shadow going on there! My stubble demonstration, stubble is one of the quickest ways of adding some hair to a character, stubble wax is your best friend in this application, (I use Grimas....Grimas rock for theatrical products!!) and finely chopped up crepe hair, add a big brush to sweep it on the skin and viola stubble galore!!
Word of warning however...it does get slightly messy!! I recommend towel!

 My students had such a laugh during this lesson and it was a joy to teach them, they are some of the best students a teacher could wish for....it helps that they all as barking mad as I am!!!

Anyone interested in studying Media Make-up with me should definitely look into Blackburn Colleges program for both level 2 and 3. It a fun, practical course with my aim being to get you ready for freelance work as a MUA, and as you can see we have a lot of fun getting there!  Check out their website here, http://www.blackburn.ac.uk/ or send me a message and I'll help answer any questions you have about the course!

Check out my Facebook page for more craaaaazy photos of these mental Level 3 loons and the fun we get up to!!

In the blogs to come:
- Coverage on my new Sugarpill cosmetics...oooooo fun colour times!!!
- Write up about my creative make-up and bridal make-up workshops/demos.
- Write up about my SFX workshop with my lovely Level 2 Group.
- Write up about the prosthetic application workshop with my de-haired level 3 group.     

 


No comments:

Post a Comment