Monday 10 December 2012

Finger Waves oh what fun!

So this last week I bought some finger waving clamps (sounds painful, but there just really long hair clips with teeth.) and I have been practicing doing a finger wave. Now usually the best hair to do this in is bob length but I don't have that, I have my lovely long hair that I wouldn't dream of cutting off soooooo I created a bit of a funky, vamp hair-do with this fabulous finger waving technique.


To say it was easy to do would be a massive lie, its technically fiddly and since 2 of the clips broke whilst styling slightly annoying at times. Am going to order some more but it is possible to manipulate the hair and bobby pin it into a wave, as I did on the other side. Its all about patience with this technique. I tried not to use too much hairspray too as I wanted to avoid the crunchy, hard as rock feel, so opted for damp hair and my good old fashioned trusty pomade. 

I think it looks so 1920s vamp and its a style that I really like, so more practice and an investment of none cheapo clamps next time!


What do you think? Do you like the effect of finger waves? Or is it too much hassle for a few S curls?

Don't forget to check out my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Ruth.E.Moulden.MUA?ref=tn_tnmn

xRx

No comments:

Post a Comment