Monday 11 June 2018

The Last Of Us - Clicker Prosthetic

This is a old post that should of been done a while ago but because of my health issues it sort of got put on the back burner. Better late then never!

So last Halloween I was hired to create the characters/monsters for a zombie run at a local Youth Group. This event was your typical zombie run, where groups solve puzzles to move on to the next area where they will be challenged again, the cool thing was the Youth Centre is massive...I mean multiple floors with indoor and roof top football pitches so the amount of characters needed was a lot.
One of the areas in the run was a maze, which the groups had to navigate through in the dark...it was one of my favourite rooms. I thought the best thing to have in a maze in the pitch dark, a Clicker. Those of you who play The Last Of Us will know exactly what a Clicker is. Those who are not familiar, its a zombie like person who has basically been taken over by a fungus (think that picture of an ant with a fungus bit growing out of it!) and it makes clicking noises, really creepy croaky clicking noises that tells you one is near. Having this in a maze in the dark was amazing!! It freaked everybody out, including me and I created it!


Here's the sculpt that I created, there will be a fast sculpting video of me creating this on my YouTube Channel on Thursday so make sure that you are subscribed to me on there.
 {{{ https://www.youtube.com/user/RuthMouldenMUA }}} 



And here is the fabulous Katie modelling the prosthetic piece applied on the night, thanks to my assistant Lisa as well!
Honestly, I love how it came out. I think she looks creepy and Katie did the clicking noises perfectly!


I love this image, I think it totally fits with the whole The Last Of Us style and Katie definitely made it even better in the maze!

Most of the prosthetic products used were purchased from PS Composites Ltd which included the Monster Clay used to sculpt the piece. I also used tools from Ken Banks and some cheap clay tools from Amazon.
It was coloured using all Skin Illustrator palettes and splattered with blood from Ben Nye (dark blood)

I will be trying to post a blog and video more regularly now, so am thinking Monday's are blog uploads and Thursdays are YouTube uploads, so make sure your following me on both as well as checking out my Facebook and Instagram @Ruth E Moulden MUA

See you next time,
xRx

No comments:

Post a Comment