Sunday 3 June 2018

Beauty meets SFX ---- Using the new Kat Von D Collection.

Its been a interesting couple of days for me, mostly circling around Kat Von D makeup! Which isn't a bad thing.
Things started off by my sister and I, going to the Trafford Centre Debenhams to watch the new Kat Von D collection being used as well as picking up a few goodies as you do! 
As most of you will already know the new Kat Von D 10th Anniversary Collection dropped a few weeks ago and focused on some beautiful gold tones and strong pigments. This event at Debenhams allowed me to see the products in action as well as seeing some of the brands best products being used. 
I love Kat Von D makeup, the pigments, the textures and just the whole style of the brand so this event was wonderful. Make sure that if you are interested in this brand you pop into the Trafford Centre Debenhams and have a chat to the fabulous artists that are working on the counter, they will demonstrate the products as well as teach you new techniques in application to suit you or how best to use the products which often have multi uses.
I did buy quiet a lot of stuff...so did my sister!! But from the collections I got the beautiful Metal Crush highlighter in Gold Skool which is such an amazing highlighter with some powerful glow to it!


A lot of people who know me are aware that I do use a lot of liquid lipsticks on my brows so I can create the crazy colours so of course I had to get the Everlasting Glimmer Veil from this collection which is fabulous and looks amazing when layered over other colours. But is also awesome by it self.


And lastly is the amazing palette! The colours range from matt to shimmery and some beautiful multi-tonal colours. The package is beautiful, I mean look at that artwork on the front. If you can only get one piece from this collection I would definitely recommend this palette! 



My sister bought the lipstick that goes with this collection which is a beautiful warm toned red, perfect for summer and goes great with her warm skin tones as well as her blue eyes. Good purchase sis!!
There was a brush set that you could buy but I have bought a lot of brushes recently so am good for brushes for now. (That and I spent up.)

So what to do to show off these fantastic products...of course it has to be some sort of SFX meets beauty makeup! I have created a tutorial video of this for my YouTube channel so if your interested in watching the whole process please go check out and subscribe; @ Ruth E Moulden MUA

I have created these silicone brows before but I thought it would be interesting to mix this with more of a beauty based makeup, an ultra glam Golden Demon lady.


I think this look do show off the Kat Von D collection, I mean look at that gold shine!! And on the lips is an example of the Glimmer Veil being used over the top of a grey toned liquid lipstick. All the colours used on the face and the eyes are taken from the 10th Anniversary palette and I did use the Saint and Sinner palette (also Kat Von D) but only for the black shadow.

I will be posting more images of this look on my other social sites so make sure that you are following me on facebook and Instagram @Ruth E Moulden Makeup Artist MUA

The photo below is what the makeup looks like in full light...hence the more warm toned feeling to this image. (Excuse the hair over my nose...I didn't notice it when I took the photo!)



Full lists of the products used will be on my YouTube channel as well as Instagram feed...this includes the SFX products being used too.
I think that I may do this look again...but with a headdress and maybe a wig!! OR create the darker side to the Golden Demon?! What do you guys think?

Hope you guys have a fabulous Sunday! Don't forget to share and follow me!!

xRx


No comments:

Post a Comment