Monday 18 June 2018

Back to Work and Kat Von D Makeup Look.

This week has been a struggle in part and a triumph in others. I've started my phase back return to teaching hair and media makeup at college last Monday and it went positively. I only went in for a meeting with my manager who were really supportive with the whole situation and then went to see my level 3 students. 
I have to say that the hardest thing with this health problem is not being able to finish the students through their qualification and just not being there to see how they progress their creativity through the year. Thankfully I have had the most amazing lady taking over and helping out, Lisa, she has been a total star with all of this and really helped out the students. So seeing them again was amazing, even if that was their last session being signed off their assessments.
The morning went really well but then a massive migraine hit me which lasted the rest of the day and the following day. When this happens I can't help but feel a bit useless and like am going backwards but I realise it can't be helped, and this whole thing is to test out the medication and increase it when it needs it; till I've found the right dosage.

Enough of the life story, time for the makeup! As you may of realised am currently trying to get both this blog and my YouTube off the ground with uploads every Monday for blogs and every Thursday for new videos.
Today's blog and video (which will be uploaded on Thursday) will be a makeup look using Kat Von D 10th Anniversary Collection and some other brands which I'll list. I also have finally be able to use my Unicorn Cosmetics brushes and lashes for this look! Which are amazing quality and are super unique. I absolutely love my unicorn brushes and my heat sensitive Halloween brushes!!







Its be great getting back to playing about with my makeup again, I think its really therapeutic for me. I've got a load of ideas in my head that I want to get recorded. But I do love this metallic look with the blue and gold lips.

I think my favourite product out of the new collection has to be the glimmer veil in "Gold Skool", that colour is beautiful and can be applied over any colour of lipstick for a pop of luxury. You can also use them on the eyes.


One of the most amazing things about Kat Von D's products is they are vegan as well as being designed to be used on both eyes and lips. So that blue pencil used for my eyes is the same as the one I used for my lips. 

Products Used:
Illamasqua: Hydra Veil
                    Radiance Veil.

Kryolan: Cream Foundation Stacker.

Medusa Makeup: "Pink" Gel Eyeliner

Unicorn Cosmetics: Lashes in "Majestic AF"

Kat Von D Beauty: Brow Pomade in "Aubergine"
                                Lock It Concealer in Light Neutral
                                10th Anniversary Palette.
                                Lock It Foundation in 41 neutral
                                Everlasting Lipliner in "Poe"
                                Shade and Light Contour Palette (powder)
                                Metal Crush in "Gold Skool"
                                Glimmer Veil in "Gold Skool"

LA Splash: Liquid Lipstick in "Werewolf" from there Classic Horror Collection.

Cover FX: Custom Enhance drops in "Halo"

Mehron Makeup: 1925 Vinyl Eyeliner


Don't forget that on Thursday I will be uploading the tutorial video to go with this look on my YouTube channel which you can subscribe to here: https://www.youtube.com/ruthemouldenmua

You can also check out my other work on: 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Ruth.E.Moulden.MUA
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ruthemouldenmua/

See you next time.
xRx



No comments:

Post a Comment