Saturday 1 February 2014

Antler Headdress

My first ever headdress, finished! And its not too bad if I say so myself, considering I just made the construction up as I went along!

So I started this little project with a idea...I wanted to create a warrior style make up for my demonstrations during Blackburn College's Industry Week, I always like to have a theme. For some reason black antlers and bird skulls came to mind....don't ask....

To make the antlers I sculpted them out of super sculply, its a clay that you can cook so it hardens. Other materials that could be used is the magic model clay which works just as well.
So I sculpted the horns and the bird skull....

 
Next is to paint the pieces, for this I just used black acrylic paint and varnish over the top to give it that shiny look...
 
Next, the decoration...
For this used a variety of foam roses and feathers. The wire was used to create a "hat" base which I could attach everything to and wear the headdress sort of like  a headband.
 

 
And the final result.....
 
 
 
 
So that's one more challenge met and one more project completed! Yay! I'll be doing another post relating to the demonstration that am going to use this headdress with.
Fingers crossed I get some interest from photographs wanting to use this in a creative shoot.
 
Check out my facebook for more up to date posts and photos ;
 
Also check out my new tumblr at;
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment