Thursday 30 January 2014

Evil Goblins and Antler Headdress...my my I have been busy

I haven't posted in ages! Its been such a busy month, with so much happening with my students and with my little projects, crazy days my lovelies!

First off my fantastic media make up students will be competing in the Blackpool AHT's on Monday 3rd Feb, I have some entering team bridal, face paint, Avant Guard Hair and body painting and I am almost 100% certain I have several winners. This is the first year that I've been put in charge of it along with my multi-tasking wonder that is Kim, so fingers crossed we even get to the place its being held!!

I have been busy with my SFX and casting work, this month, which is going to creep on to next month's creature feature, is an evil goblin, that has a strange look of David Bowie when he was in the labyrinth. I have all the elements casted and prosthetic's made but am contemplating whether or not to make rams horns....and whether or not to save the look for a demonstration am booked to do.....decisions decisions! Well anyways...here is what I've got so far.....


I will be posting a full detailed blog about this creature once its all done and applied, but for now enjoy!

In others news, I've had this strange desire to create a headdress....so that's my second project of the month. A headdress. With antlers, a bird head, roses and some feathers....So far I have the antlers....which are now painted black.

And I have a load of foam roses, feathers and wire.....


And a bird skull that I made....


And fingers crossed altogether it will made a cool headdress...we hope!

Some time during the beginning of February I shall be being taught how to create a hair weft, which am excited about! So I'll be posting a blog devoted to that event soon.
This blog seems like just an update of events of January but next months blogs will be full of more step by step guides and the such, so stay tuned!!

And don't forget to check out my facebook page for more images of work, oh and I have recently got a Tumblr page up and running if you want to check those out....



Bye for now my lovelies...
x Ruth E Moulden Make Up Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment