Monday 9 July 2018

Birthday Treats, New Makeup and New Creations as well as exciting news!!

Well it has been an extremely busy week, I haven't seem to stop! Between my Birthday treats (yay happy Birthday me), work/taster days and shopping with my big sister...its all been go! 

Which is nice because it stops me thinking about the stupid pains in my head...well until I over do things and end up with a migraine in bed but to be honest last week wasn't too bad on the scale of how much of an inconvenience is my chronic pain...hiccups every now and then but manageable..ish.

So lets start at the beginning...my Birthday treats!!
Karl, the oh so lovely fella of mine, took me on a surprise little holiday to Edinburg. I have never been to Edinburg and I have to say I will definitely be going again! It was beautiful, I mean the drive up there was stunning! Mountains and hills and blue sky all the way, it was just amazing!

As part of my Birthday Weekend...Karl took me to the zoo. Its a bit of a tradition now that I am one with the animals in some form of way on my Birthday, either zoo, aquarium or something else where I can interact with the animals...don't ask me, its just a thing! My mantra is that am a flamingo among a flock of pigeons, so I need to be with my flamingo buddies!!


And penguin buddies...cause penguins are just awesome too!


Now Edinburg Zoo is famous for having panda's which I was absolutely speechless with how beautiful and cute they are. Luckily the boy Panda, Yang Guang, was active and munching on some bamboo whilst Tian Tian, the girl panda, was snoozing away.


The zoo was amazing, if anybody reading this has the chance to go...go...its a very educational and awesome place with loads of species of animals that you wouldn't normally get to see as well as amazing staff who talk to you and teach you about them and the conservation programs.

Whilst in Edinburg I recommend that you visit Mimi's Bake House, they do the best cakes! And the décor of the seating area is so kitsch and cute. They also have some amazing home made cakes at very reasonable prices.


I ordered a very delicious red velvet cake with a super berry ice tea and Karl had a Reese's peanut butter Brownie. They were AMAZING!!

As well as my Birthday trip, I was taken shopping by my lovely big sis, Frances. We went to Manchester which we haven't been in aaaages….as well as the usual clothes and random books, of course I bought makeup and LUSH stuff. I don't really do your typical talking review on my YouTube channel but am sure I'll be using the makeup in an up and coming tutorial for you guys to take a little look at.


HUDA beauty isn't a brand am completely familiar with and don't really own a lot of products from but I did get their new Easy Baking Loose powder and Rose Gold Remastered palette. Both products are pretty good, the palette colours are so smooth and very easy to blend with a mixture of metallic shades, deep rich reds and orange tones as well as iridescent shades.



 I love the colours, so much so I used them the next day at a makeup demonstration I was doing at Blackburn College to promote the media makeup course. The palette was a little pricey...but its a good product.

And on to the good news...now I did hint at it last blog but now am officially announcing it here, its my triumphant return to SFX! I will be demonstrating the application of SFX, cosplay costume and head dress to create a crazy complete character at both Blackburn Comicon and Preston Comicon this year, with my glamourous assistant Lisa as always being my right hand laddddy!
This is a big thing for me, its been a year of poor health and not being able to do anything so am going all out on these events and I want you guys to come say hi!

Blackburn Comic Con

BLACKBURN COMICON - 17th Nov
Get your tickets here----- https://www.blackburncomiccon.co.uk/

PRESTON COMICON - 29th Sept
Get your tickets here ------ http://www.prestoncomiccon.co.uk/

Preston's creation will be focusing on steampunk...I'll be dropping more hints closer to the actual event as well as on my Facebook and Instagram so make sure your following me on here and on there!

PRESTON COMIC CON

As well as watching my demonstrations, you will also have the opportunity to buy one of my creations; from headdresses, arm armour, chest armour, cosplay weapons and even smaller fascinators. All hand made by moi and available for you to buy!

And now on to this weeks tutorial...its another quick and easy SFX which can be created on the cheap but is really effective. Wax SFX are a great alternative to your silicone or prosthetic application which can be uber expensive were as wax is a lot cheaper. 
The only major issue with wax, especially at the moment, is that it melts super easily. If your hands are hot its going to end up a sticky mess so this effect does require some patience and cold hands!


For this look, I used quiet a lot of Kryolan products as there are excellent quality with a nice cheap price tag. 
For this look I used Cine Wax which is a nice translucent wax that is easy to blend into the skin as well as colour over the top. Because of its transparency, it means that you don't really need to add a lot of skin tones to disguise the piece if any at all.


PRODUCTS USED:
Kryolan: 
- Pro Shield.
- Cine Wax
- Liquid Latex

Skin Illustrator:
- Bloody Five.

Glynn Mckay Bruise Gel in "Dark Red"

Nick Dudman's Pigs Might Fly Blood in "dark"

Brushes used:
Bdellium SFX brushes
Sigma and Hollywood Labs Ltd SFX brushes.


This blog was kind of all over the place but I have had a lot of things happening last week so its been a bit hard to fit everything in as well as manage the pain, which fingers cross, will be a bit easier after next week because I've got an appointment with the pain management clinic as well as attending a support group called Breathing Space, fingers crossed. 
Next weeks blog should be a little more focused, hopefully.....maybe...….possibly.....ah well you'll have to follow me to find out I guess!

As always, Thursday will have the tutorial video of today's SFX makeup and don't you forget to subscribe because it all helps me to create more and more crazy mad looks for you guys.

 https://www.youtube.com/ruthemouldenmua
SUBSCRIBE AND HIT THE BELL ICON!!

You can also check out my other work on: 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Ruth.E.Moulden.MUA
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ruthemouldenmua/
 


Until next time! 
xRx

No comments:

Post a Comment