Monday 28 October 2013

Blackburn's First Zombie Walk


What a busy week it has been…thank goodness for half terms.

So as mentioned in the last blog, I organised this…
 

My first fund raiser with all proceeds going towards The Sophie Lancaster Foundation. Have to admit it was a little scary being in charge of organising some much. I invited my students to join in the zombie walk and ended up with close to 50 putting their names down. Not only that, I got people offering their time to help organise a raffle, donating prizes and marketing at Blackburn College helping me advertise the event. Sa-Ra, a colleague at Blackburn College donated these amazing, white chocolate skulls as the main prize for the event…
 
 

Weeks before the event I spent ages making prosthetic pieces for the students to use in creating their zombies, most of them are latex pieces and some are gelatine. Can’t lie had a lot of fun creating these beauties….





 
On the day I had to get groups of students in at different times because there was too many to cope with in one go. Every single students there came up with some pretty amazing zombies, as their teacher I was (and still am) gushing with pride at how some of them came in on their day off to help raise awareness and funds for the foundation…
 
 
 
My army of zombies even invaded Blackburn Shopping Mall to sell Sophie wristbands…

I was totally blown away at the reaction of Blackburn, we got a lot of support and sold a lot of wrist bands…

My students also seemed to have lots of fun splatting blood all over each other, which is always good feeling when they’re your students and it’s something you organised.

 
 
 

So how much did we raise….an amazing total…that made me cry when I found out….£354.42!!!

 

Soooo very very happy and would like to thank everyone who help me, listen to me panic and ran to my aid.
If anyone reading this would like to donate, check out The Sophie Lancaster Foundation website for information on how…http://www.sophielancasterfoundation.com/

For more photographs from the zombie walk check out my facebook page…https://www.facebook.com/Ruth.E.Moulden.MUA

 

For now, Happy Halloween people…….

No comments:

Post a Comment