Monday 2 March 2015

Manchester Vintage: Ramsbottom Event

As many of you may know I have my little pop salon which I take to different vintage fairs around the area offering various treatments from hairstyling, makeovers to gel nail polish and manicures.


 I love doing them as you meet the most interesting people, not just those buying the treatments but also the stall holders. One of the main reasons why I love vintage fairs so much is the quirky stuff that you can pick up; from household ornements to teacup bird feeders!! And of course there is the vintage clothing. Am not going to lie am a retro/rockabilly sort of a girl so some of the classic vintage clothing doesn't suit me but the things that you see are amazing. Truely is amazing to see how styles have changed over the eras as well as how incredible that most of it is still in style today.


The event is held every last Sunday of the month by Manchester Vintage (check them out here: http://goo.gl/xyLweC ) and is fully of vintage curiosities and clothes as well as myself who this month was joined by the fabulous Jenny Martin photographer (check her out here; http://goo.gl/1bAwJj ) who was offering mini photo-shoots and prints. She took a few snaps of my models as well as a few of me...often pulling a funny face with my tongue stuck out concentrating! So you will have to stay tuned for the pro photos and follow myself and Jenny for up to date posts/photos!

There was also a fantastic lady by the name of Grace Havana who is a fabulous vintage blogger, if your interested in the Vintage life style in anyway shape or form check out her YouTube page @Havana_Vintage as well as her facebook page (check her out here: for more advice on the vintage style.


She also received a vintage makeover in the form of some beautiful victory rolls by yours truly! Stay tuned to her channel for a video of the event (and of me doing her hair)

 
So my own styling for the day; as mentioned before am one for the retro clothing rather then the classic vintage and like to add a little of the rockabilly spice to all my looks.

My makeup was focusing on my favourite power colour. Purple! And I had the chance to use my brand new Kat Von D eye shadow palette, "True Romance, Poetica". I will be doing a post/review on these products this week, so keep following for that but I will say I love the sparkly shimmer this palette gave.

So I went for a smoky purple eye look, I kept the lashes subtle for this look.
 
 
As normal I have my red brows using +Inglot Cosmetics Eyeliner Gel
Lipstick is one of my favourites by Kat Von D, Studded Kiss Lipstick in "HomeGirl", love the deep berry colour that it creates and its lasts sooooo long! One word of advice, if your using this product make sure you prep your lips with a good scrub (LUSH lip scrub is highly recommended) and a moisturiser (No.7 Lip moisturies or Decleor's is what I would recommend and what I use!)
 
 
With my hair I decided to take it all up, I need to re-dye my hair so I thought I would bring out the all the different shades my hair is going.
With this style I used a big donut ring for the foundation then create a series of pin curls and rolls up and around the sides and back of the piece with a mini victory roll in the front.
I then decorated it with random places flowers and butterflies all over for a pretty but sophisticated look.
 
My outfit for the event was this...
 
My brand new bag from Debenhams Floozie collection, which I love love love! How cute is it!
 
Dress/Skirt from the fantastic Collectif clothing range, its Prue Herringbone Underbust Pencil Skirt. If you haven't heard of this range yet you should definitely check them out. All the clothes are amazing and fit beautifully, I have never bought anything from this store that I haven't loved! With a range of styles from different eras as well as beautiful accessories and bags. This is one brand that if I won the lottery I would buy the whole range!
 
I will be attending next months Vintage Fair so check out the Facebook pages linked above for more updates on the events!
 
Bye for now lovelies!
xRx
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment